In my current fantasy sex never leads to pregnancy. I mean, obviously that's the case for us, but I mean ever. For anyone.

I look at children and pregnant women, and wonder how many IVF cycles it took them to conceive. I wonder if they ever suffered from OHSS, and whether their employer was good to them about sick leave. I wonder how many insensitive comments they endured about when they planned to have children and hadn't they better start trying. I wonder whether their problem was endometriosis, or PCOS, or male factor, or recurrent miscarriage. Or, gosh, poor thing, perhaps all of the above? Or maybe her husband had his testicles removed due to cancer and they only have a few straws of semen left? How awful for them both. They must have been through some terrible times.

Thank goodness we're us and not them.


Powered by Blogger.