Time #3
10 days til beta...


I had a dream. In my dream, I remembered I was once a child, drifting off to sleep, listening to my mother sing her favourite lullaby...

"Try not to get worried
Try not to turn onto
Problems that upset you..."

I woke an adult. An adult with children, however small, to nurture and comfort. Softly, I took up the melody.

"Don't you know everything's alright
Yes, everything's fine..."

And as I sing my body feels them drift away.




"Close your eyes, close your eyes and relax, think of nothing tonight...."



5 Comments

ColourYourWorld said...

Bea,
You are doing a great job with "time"
I love that shot ! So is it going faster for you ?

Meg said...

Bea - I have been sitting here trying to work out where I know that song from. It's driving me crazy!

Bea said...

Song is from Jesus Crist Superstar (Mary M sings it).

Thanks, Vee. Time is having fast and slow moments at the moment. I'm pretty convinced at this point it's not happening this cycle, and I'm coming to terms with that.

Besides, what sort of mum weeps and wails in front of her dying children? She doesn't, does she? She holds it all together until they're well and truly beyond need.

Bea

ColourYourWorld said...

Aaah yeah the song was bothering me too. That's it...JCS !
Don't give up hope so quickly, it is early days yet.

StellaNova said...

I so hope this one works for you. I know the torture of the wait and the desperation of reading every sign and convincing yourself it's either it, or not. My fingers are crossed for you.

Powered by Blogger.